Researcher – Software – RL127
Cork Institute of Technology, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Researcher at the Nimbus Research Centre.
With a staff of over 90, the Nimbus Research Centre, CIT, is Ireland’s leading research centre in the Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber Physical Systems domain. From energy and water optimisation and conservation to smart city infrastructure and Industry 4.0, the Nimbus Centre, in collaboration with partners from all corners of the globe, plays a key role in harnessing and translating the research and industry opportunities presented by the recent rapid advances in IoT innovation. In addition to cutting edge national and international research activity, the Nimbus Centre operates as an Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway. The Nimbus Tec Gateway transforms industry through innovation by working with start-ups, SMEs and multinational companies to deliver over 60 innovative smart projects annually, offering an ideal opportunity for researchers to develop their research from concept to market.
Benefits for you:
- Work with progressive, motivated, diverse, and highly creative individuals in a collaborative learning environment that places strong emphasis on continuous professional development.
- Access new and innovative ways of thinking while working on the development of ground-breaking advances in the IoT field.
- Gain broad experience working on a wide diversity of both academic and industry projects.
- Exposure to excellent opportunities and contacts through the Nimbus Centre’s strong professional networks.
- Interested candidates should hold an Honours Primary Degree (Second Class or higher) in Electronic Engineering (related discipline) – or equivalent
- Have a good knowledge and experience working with all or a subset of the following areas and technologies:
- Embedded systems Hardware Development, with experience from design all the way to PCB development
- Embedded Firmware development using programming languages such as C and C++, familiarity with software design and architecture processes advantageous
- Experience in bringing products to market would be beneficial
- Participated in or driven funding proposal submissions at European and/or National level would be an advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Independent self-direction
- Demonstrable aptitude for team collaboration
- Open communication
Salary: Based on experience in the range of €35,325 to €43,056 per annum
- For an informal discussion, please contact Richard Linger, Tel: +353 21 433 5562 or email: Richard.email@example.com. Applications by CIT eRecruitment system only. Applications will not be accepted in any other format. Please log on to www.cit.ie/vacancies. Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1.00 pm on Friday, 6th April 2018. Cork Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer.
Financial assistance has been provided by Enterprise Ireland with the support od the Irish Government (under the National Development Plan 2007-2013) and the European Union (through EU Structural Funds Programme 2007-2013)