The Nimbus Research Centre at Cork Institute of Technology invites applications for 1 software researcher position and also for 1 hardware researcher position. For Hardware Engineer application, click here.
Role: Researcher - Software
Researcher – Software – RL130
2 Year Fixed-Term. Whole-Time or Part-Time.
Cork Institute of Technology invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Researcher at the Nimbus Research Centre.
With a staff of over 70, the Nimbus Research Centre, CIT, is Ireland’s leading research centre in the Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber Physical Systems domain. From energy and water optimisation and conservation to smart city infrastructure and Industry 4.0, the Nimbus Centre, in collaboration with partners from all corners of the globe, plays a key role in harnessing and translating the research and industry opportunities presented by the recent rapid advances in IoT innovation. In addition to cutting edge national and international research activity, the Nimbus Centre operates as an Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway. The Nimbus Tec Gateway transforms industry through innovation by working with start-ups, SMEs and multinational companies to deliver over 60 innovative smart projects annually, offering an ideal opportunity for researchers to develop their research from concept to market.
Benefits for you:
- Work with progressive, motivated, diverse, and highly creative individuals in a collaborative learning environment that places strong emphasis on continuous professional development.
- Access new and innovative ways of thinking while working on the development of ground-breaking advances in the IoT field.
- Gain broad experience working on a wide diversity of both academic and industry projects.
- Exposure to excellent opportunities and contacts through the Nimbus Centre’s strong professional networks.
- Hold an Honours Primary Degree (Second Class or higher) in Computer Science (related discipline) – or equivalent.
- Have a good knowledge and experience working with all or a subset of the following areas and technologies:
- State-of-the-art software development methods and techniques – for e.g.: SOA; agile; UML; test driven developments.
- Demonstrable skills across a number of the following:- C++; Java/JEE; MySQL/NoSQL; HTML5; AngularJS/JQuery; MEAN Stack; Python; Open Cloud.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following is an advantage:- Messaging systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka; algorithm design experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Independent self-direction
- Demonstrable aptitude for team collaboration
- Open communication.
Based on experience in the range of €35,678 to €43,487 per annum.
If you have expertise in this area and wish to work in an exciting industry environment, please email your to Dr Alex Vakaloudis
Applications by CIT eRecruitment system only.
Applications will not be accepted in any other format.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1.00 pm on Tuesday 30th October 2018.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, it may be necessary to introduce further shortlisting criteria.
Therefore, applicants may be shortlisted on the basis of qualifications and suitable experience, based on details given in the application form. Applicants should note that they may be called for more than one interview.
Cork Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer.