- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electronic/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas is essential: wireless/mobile communication systems and protocols, network protocols, Quality of Service
- Software development skills in one or more of the following languages and systems: C/C++, Python, Linux
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and on his/her own initiative to solve technical, logistical and system integration problems
- Ability to deliver on project deadlines
- Practical, assertive and achievement orientated. Good self-management, report writing and communication skills for interaction with project partners are essential
- Ability to work flexible hours as required and be adaptable to changing working practices
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of virtualisation and security are an advantage
Successful applicants without a postgraduate degree have the opportunity to register and study for such degree (part-time) at Cork Institute of Technology.
Salary: €26,915.00 to €28,452.00 per annum
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr. Bernd-Ludwig Wenning, Tel: +353 21 433 5167 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications by CIT eRecruitment system only. Applications will not be accepted in any other format. Please log on to www.cit.ie/vacancies
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1.00 p.m. on Tuesday, 25 April 2017.
Cork Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer.