The Cork Institute of Technology invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the positions of Researcher/ Senior Researcher at Nimbus Centre.
Nimbus Centre is involved in an extensive range of applied research and innovative embedded computing system projects with partners across industry and the globe. We have a broad portfolio of projects in the Internet of Things space covering domains such as Energy, Water, Smart Cities and Industry 4.0. This is a very vibrant sector of the Irish technology economy and the Nimbus Centre’s diversity of projects and multi-discipline team members reflect this. Nimbus is based in our own large purpose built facility on the CIT campus with state of the art research equipment to support our activities.
Nimbus Centre is also part of two SFI funded research centres, CONNECT and CONFIRM, with links into Lero and Insight SFI Centres through the new SFI funded Enable spoke programme. Nimbus Centre delivers over 60 projects per year for start-ups, SMEs and multinational companies with over 40% rate for repeat business.
We are hiring researchers in the following areas:
Researcher / Senior Researcher – Software
For the Software Researcher roles the candidate(s) should have a good knowledge and experience working with all or a subset of the following areas and technologies:
- State of the art software development methods and techniques – for e.g.: SOA; agile; UML; test driven developments
- Demonstrable skills across a number of the following:- C++; Java/JEE; MySQL/NoSQL; HTML5; AngularJS/JQuery; MEAN Stack; Python; Open Cloud
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following is an advantage:- Messaging systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka; algorithm design experience
Researcher / Senior Researcher – Hardware
For the Researcher roles the candidate(s) should have a good knowledge and experience working with all or a subset of the following areas and technologies:
- Embedded systems Hardware Development, with experience from design all the way to PCB development
- Embedded Firmware development using programming languages such as C and C++, familiarity with software design and architecture processes advantageous
- Implementation of industry control systems and communications protocols for building and industrial control systems is advantageous – PLC, SCADA, Modbus, LonMark, BACnet and similar
- Experience in bringing products to market would be beneficial
Based on experience in the range of €34,975 to €50,487 per annum
For exceptional candidates in the range of €52,716 to €66,924 per annum
For an informal discussion, please contact Richard Linger, Tel: +353 (0)21 433 5562 or email: email@example.com
Applications through CIT e-Recruitment only. Apply here.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1.00 pm on Thursday, 19 October 2017.
Cork Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer.