We are providing system and electronics design services from simple to very complex designs and will be able to support you all the way from concept through to production. Applications are wide in variety and include sensor data acquisition, Industry 4.0, Space, energy and environmental Internet of Things solutions.
We analyse and recommend each and every aspect of the project regarding hardware and firmware providing advice on the latest technologies and their implementation in the best manners.
We guide our customers throughout process, ensuring that the requirements are met thoroughly both business and technical needs.
- Hardware design according the latest IPC (Association Connecting Electronics Industries) standards
- Assembly option for prototypes using our Pick-and-Place machine (this may be possible in the near future)
- Testing prototypes in terms of consumption, technology, behaviour and so on.
- Firmware design on the most important technologies and architectures such as 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers using the most sotisficated integrated development environment (IDE) as well as debugging techniques.
- Firmware in terms of drivers for communicating with external devices.
- Firmware transition and upgrade.
- Deployment that requires pre-built existing systems or customized systems for the customer as per their requirement and actual need.
- We provide comprehensive Support and Reporting services to our clients.
- Optimization of the client’s network and technical capabilities, improving performance as the client’s business continues to evolve.
With hundreds of successful project completions, Nimbus is uniquely suited to engineer your concept into reality. Our Hardware design team will work with your idea, perform detailed electronic design, construct prototype units and refine the prototype design. All work is carried out with a spirit of creativity and innovation, tempered by the practical concerns of manufacturability, cost consciousness, testability and on-time delivery. .
Design for manufacturability (DFM): specifications and full production documentation including Gerber files and Bill of materials(BOM). Circuit boards design services. PCB schematic and layout design according to IPC standards. CAD simulations Assembly, testing and verification. Proof-of-concept prototypes (POCs) and preproduction prototypes manufacturing/assembling
Communication protocols development. Interface modules (SPI, UART, I2C, Smart GPIO...) and integrations. Internet of things. Remote monitoring and telemetry solutions. Smart city projects. Proximity projects based on GPS, BLE and Wi-Fi. Wearable technologies.
Interfacing the hardware and software components
System testing strategy.
Validation of system-level functions throughout the integration process.
Collaboration with Nimbus Software and Mechanical-design groups.
Overall system Architecture. Mechanical enclosure designs. Small form factor designs.
Kilkenny Cooling Systems
Research Fellow & Group Lead
Dr Heba Almaleh
Juan Francisco Martinez
Andrew de Juan
For more information on Hardware please contact:
Nikolaos Chalikias, Research fellow and Group Lead